Say hello to vegan lemon tarts! These tarts are so light and full of flavour, made using Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond. The almond milk creates a creamy texture (minus the cream) and the vanilla adds natural sweetness. Tip: save some vanilla almond milk to serve on the side.
1 1/2 cups spelt or all-purpose gluten free flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup cold water
1 cup Califia Farms Vanilla Almond milk
1/4 tsp agar agar
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp arrowroot flour (or tapioca)
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp lemon zest
1 cup coconut yogurt
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Combine all dry base ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add maple syrup, coconut butter and coconut oil, mix until it starts to stick together.
- Press into the base of 6 greased mini tartlet cases.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Whilst cooling, prepare the lemon filling. Place almond milk, agar agar, maple syrup and arrowroot flour in a heavy based saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to cool, stirring frequently, ensuring mixture does not set.
- Place coconut yogurt, lemon juice / zest and almond milk mixture into high speed blender, blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour into tart cases and place in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
Recipe from Healthy Luxe