We're celebrating summer with these delicious plant-based mocha ice creams from food blogger, Nourishing Amy.
Time: 20 minutes plus 4-6 hours chilling
For the ice creams:
75g cashew nuts, soaked
60ml Califia Farms Iced Coffee with Oat
100g coconut cream or thick coconut yoghurt
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil, softened
½ tsp vanilla
A pinch of salt
For the chocolate caramel sauce:
2 tbsp chocolate nut butter or spread
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil, softened or melted
A pinch of salt
For the chocolate shell:
200g dairy-free chocolate
Coffee beans, cacao nibs, desiccated coconut
1. Soak the cashews: either soak them overnight (or for 6-8 hours) in filtered water or add the cashew nuts to a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil, place a lid on, turn the heat off and then sit for 15-20 minutes to soften. Drain and rinse the cashews.
2. Add the cashews to a blender with the Califia Farms Iced Coffee Oat drink, the coconut cream/yoghurt, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and salt. Blend until really creamy.
3. Make the chocolate caramel sauce: whisk together all the ingredients until smooth.
4. Divide most of the chocolate caramel sauce between 4 ice cream moulds. Top with the coffee ice cream mixture and top with the extra chocolate caramel sauce, and swirl it through. Insert the ice cream sticks and freeze for 4-6 hours, or overnight util set.
5. Melt the chocolate and pour into a glass/jar about the same height as your ice creams. Remove the solid ice creams from the moulds and dip into the chocolate, working quickly to cover all the ice cream. Place on a parchment lined tray. Repeat to cover all 4 ice creams.
6. Drizzle over the extra chocolate and sprinkle with coffee beans, cacao nibs and desiccated coconut, if desired. If they are not set straight away, place in the freeze for 5-10 minutes. Eat fresh or keep in the freeze for 2-4 weeks.