To serve 4.
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 16 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1” piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 whole nutmeg, roughly cracked
- 2 tablespoons black tea leaves
- 4 shots espresso or 4 ounces cold brew
- 1⅓ cups Oat Barista Blend
METHODIn a medium saucepan combine 3 cups water, sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger, peppercorns, and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, cover, take off heat, and steep for 20 minutes. Put saucepan back on heat and bring back to a boil. Add tea, take off heat, and steep 2 minutes.
Strain tea mixture and let cool completely. Pour tea over ice in 4 tall glasses. Add 1 shot espresso (or 1 ounce coffee) to each glass, then top each with ⅓ cup oatmilk.