These Easy Korean Cauliflower Bites are the perfect meatless snack or appetizer, fully coated a nice spicy Korean-inspired sauce. Completely crispy bites that are easy to make, completely dairy-free, and can be re-purposed over a salad, on tacos, atop rice or pasta----you name it.
Makes 4 servings
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup Califia Farms Original Oat Drink
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Gochujang/chilli paste
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
TO MAKE THE CAULIFLOWER BITES:
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees Celsius and line your baking sheet with baking paper. NOTE: Doing this step is a MUST to prevent sticking.
- In a medium bowl, add the Oat milk, flour, salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes, and whisk together until fully combined and mostly smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add bread crumbs and set aside also.
- Now, dip each cauliflower into batter (shaking off any excess) and then toss into bread crumbs. Then lay each cauliflower side by side on the baking sheet (about an inch apart). Repeat until all cauliflower are coated.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and “crunchy” looking. NOTE: If not crispy enough, turn on broil and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk together until it begins to boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and let everything simmer for about 15 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. Once thickened enough to desired consistency, remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cauliflowers are crisp, remove from oven and toss them in the sauce until fully coated.
- To serve, add cauliflower bites to a salad, tacos, atop pasta, as a topping on pizza, with quinoa or rice, or by themselves with vegan Ranch dipping sauce.