Nourish your body and mind with these delicious plant-based corn and courgette fritters from Healthy Luxe. Made with Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Drink, these are perfect for any meal of the day.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
1 courgette, spiralised or grated
400 grams chickpeas
1 corn cob, steamed, kernels removed
1/4 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond
1 cup mashed potato
1 tbsp buckwheat flour (+ extra for coating)
2 tsp dukkah (+ extra for coating)
Serving suggestion: chopped salad, dukkah, coriander and fresh lime.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in heavy based pan
- Braise shallots for approx. five minutes.
- Add courgette and braise a further 5 minutes.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, roughly mash drained chickpeas. Add shallots, courgette and corn, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond milk and mashed potato, mix well. Add to chickpea and veg mix, slowly adding buckwheat flour and dukkah.
- Arrange into patties, and lightly toss in mix of flour and dukkah.
- Add remaining 1/2 tbsp olive oil to pan. Add patties and cook approx. 4 minutes each side, until golden.
- Serve with salad, fresh coriander and lime.