What better way to kick start 2021 than with a healthy buddha bowl + tangy avocado dressing? This creation from mother-daughter nutritionist duo @healthyluxe is packed full of nutrients and delicious goodness!
Base Tangy Almond Horseradish Dressing:
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 20 grams ginger, grated
1/2 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond
- 200 grams gluten free noodles, cooked
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
Miso Eggplant / Tofu:
2 tsp horseradish mustard
- 2 tsp miso paste
Nigella seeds (add to taste)
- 2 tbsp tamari
Salt and pepper (add to taste)
20g grated ginger
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 aubergine, sliced
200 grams tofu (cubed)
1 carrot, spiralled or grated
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
1 courgette, spiralised or ribboned
- 1 bunch asparagus, steamed
1) Firstly, prepare the ‘base’ of your buddha bowl. Braise onion for five minutes. Add grated ginger, continue on low heat for a further minute or two.
2) Toss noodles in onion, ginger mix and set aside.
3) To prepare miso marinade, combine miso paste, tamari, ginger and sesame oil in a small bowl, mix well. Coat tofu and aubergine in this mix and set aside.
4) Using a double-sided griddle, grill aubergine for 15 minutes (or until soft). Alternatively, you can bake aubergine, however this will take longer (up to 30 minutes depending on how thickly the aubergine is sliced).
5) Pan fry marinated tofu in heavy based pan, approximately 5 minutes each side. Set aside too cool.
6) To prepare the dressing, mix ingredients in a high-speed blender, blend until smooth.
7) Arrange noodles, vegetables, aubergine and tofu in a large bowl. Generously drizzle with dressing and enjoy.